Eastern Nutrition is not based on calories count, minerals or vitamins. It focuses on the food that will energetically support the whole body. Spleen, stomach, Liver and intestines compose the main organs of the digestive system. Main functions of these organs are to govern up and down bearing, transform the essence of food, and separate the clear from the turbid. Balanced spleen and stomach can help with weight loss, endocrine function, reducing appetite or food cravings, increasing bowel movements and overall energy and well being. For example, spleen likes "warm foods". It means, warm/room temperature drinks and cooked/steamed/baked veggies. They are much easier to digest, less energy has to be wasted and more nutrients can be absorbed.
On another hand, ingestion of raw, cold or unclean food, overindulgence in fatty and sweet foods and overeating, habitual consumption of liquor and hot spicy foods are thought to lead to a variety of pathologies according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Conditions that can benefit from nutritional guidance:
- Obesity/Weight management
- High Cholesterol
- Digestive disorders (IBS, constipation, diarrhea)
- Celiac disease/Gluten intolerance
- Cardiovascular health (high blood pressure, heart condition)
- Fertility health
- Prenatal/Postpartum nutrition
- Autoimmune/inflammatory conditions
- Cancer (pre- and post-chemo/radiation support)
- Cleansing and detox
- Anti-aging & rejuvenation